Administering and accounting for Town resources
To serve all Town of Prosper stakeholders with the highest level of integrity, prudence and accuracy in administering and accounting for Town resources.
The Finance Department guides fiscal policy, enforces accounting controls, maintains the general ledger, collects and disburses all Town funds, manages debt service, produces the budget, prepares the consolidated annual financial report and provides direction on town-wide and specific projects.
Finance Department staff produces meaningful decision making tools such as financial reports and cost analyses for the Town Manager, Town Council and other Town departments.
In addition to these roles, the Finance Department also oversees the Municipal Court, Purchasing, and the Utility Billing Department.
FY 2016-2017 Adopted Budget
Property Tax Rate: $0.52 per $100 of valuation
- Property Tax Calendar
- Collin Central Appraisal District
- Denton Central Appraisal District
- Tax Assessor and Collector
- Texas Property Tax Assistance Website
- Key Texas Economic Indicators
- Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB)
Forms and Documents
- Where My Taxes Go
- Public Information Request Form
- FAQ’s – Leased Vehicle Property Tax
- W-9 Form – Required of All Town Vendors
- ACH Authorization Form – Available for Town Vendors
- IRMA Certificate
P.O. Box 307
Prosper, TX 75078