Let Water Prosper
The Town of Prosper aspires to educate our residents on the importance of preserving water. Less than 1% of the earth’s fresh water is available for us to use, so we have an obligation to preserve our water for the future. Occasionally, we offer courses that range from rainwater harvesting and making rain barrels to teaching water conservation techniques.
Saving from a Rainy Day, Making a Rain Barrel
Tuesday, April 25, 2016
6 pm – 8 pm
401 S Craig Street
Prosper, TX, 75078
Free to attend and only $50 to construct a rain barrel.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED!
Click here to register.
Tour our award winning Earth-Kind Gardens. Contact Tristan Cisco for additional details.
Current Watering Guidelines
Click HERE to see designated watering days.
Beginning on November 1, 2016, and ending on March 31, 2017, winter watering will resume which allow residents to water up to once weekly. The Town of Prosper encourages residents to set their controller to water manually, and only when recommended by WaterMyYard.org.
Residents may register at WaterMyYard to receive weekly emails on how much and when to water.
Goals for Use and Reduction
- Once weekly watering is allowed
- Watering Day Restrictions: Watering is not permitted between 10 am and 6 pm
- Zone I: Monday
- Zone II: Wednesday
- Zone III: Friday
- Hand Watering, Soaker Hoses, Drip Lines, & Drip Bubbler Systems: Allowed on Any Day
- Home Car Washing: Permitted Anytime and Any Day with a Shut-off Spray Nozzle
- Swimming Pools: Filling New Pools and Existing Pools Allowed, Install a Pool Cover to Prevent Evaporation
- Water New Landscape: Landscape Watering Only 2 Days a Week. Exception Allowed for New Landscape for the First 30 Days of Occupancy
- Cool Season Grasses: Cool Season Grasses that Intensify Cool Season Water Requirements are Prohibited. Cool Season Grasses Include: Rye, Kentucky Blue Grass, Turf-type Grass, Tall Fescues, Fine Fescues.
- To request a variance for newly planted sod or landscaping, please contact Tristan Cisco at 972.347.9969 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learn more about water conservation with the 40 Gallon Challenge.
- Town of Prosper Water Conservation and Resource Management Plan
Tristan Cisco, Water Education Coordinator