Prosper’s unique and impressive array of parks comprise more than 350 acres of open spaces, recreational venues and facilities for sports and fitness. Prosper’s natural areas and trails augment the serene settings to provide opportunities for all to enjoy Prosper’s natural beauty.
View our most current Hike and Bike Trail Plan.
Click for a complete list of park amenities.
Construction began February 1, 2017, on the field improvements at Frontier Park. Construction will continue throughout 2017, with the finished project adding five additional sports fields, as well as parking, to the facility.
Thank you for your patience during the construction process.
A Groundbreaking Ceremony took place on February 10, 2017, at 9am, at the Frontier Park Pavilion.
The Splash Pad near Windmill Park is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Renting the Frontier Park Pavilion
To check dates and times for pavilion availability, please click here.
Fees and Payment
A $100 Deposit is required for all rentals. Deposit refunds are issued in 3-4 weeks. Credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover), checks (payable to the Town of Prosper ) and cash are accepted. Rates below are based on a four-hour rental period.
# of People Resident Non-Resident Refundable Deposit
50 people or less $35 $500 $100
51-100 people $50 $500 $100
101+ people $75 $500 $100
Procedure — at least seven (7) business days prior to your event:
- Check the online schedule for availability of your preferred dates.
- Complete and submit the Pavilion Permit Request form. [Dates will then be checked and residency verified (for resident rates). A confirmation will be sent back to you via the email address you provide.]
- After confirmation, you will be able to make payment at www.ProsperParksandRec.org.
- After payment is received, a signed permit will be emailed to you as confirmation of rental. Please remember to bring the signed permit to your event as proof of rental.
- To ensure timely confirmation, please submit the Pavilion Permit Request form at least seven (7) business days prior to your desired rental date. Requests are accepted up to six months in advance.
- Pavilion rentals are booked in 4-hour increments and include the entire pavilion (6 tables and 2 grills).
- The confirmed Pavilion Permit Request acts as the rental agreement, receipt and Permit authorizing use of the facility.
- The Permit Holder (person making the reservation) must be at least 18 years of age, must be on-site and provide supervision at all times, and must pay the fees.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY – Weather is unpredictable; therefore reservations are made at your own risk. Cancellations are not accepted prior to your event based on a predicted weather forecast. The TOWN OF PROSPER reserves the right to make the final decision on questionable weather.
- CANCELLATIONS MUST BE MADE AT LEAST 14 DAYS IN ADVANCE TO RECEIVE A FULL REFUND.
Game field reservations must be made two (2) days in advance of use date. Reservations are available on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday only.
Practice fields may be reserved for up to 1-1/2 hours per rental. Reservations for a weekend day and time must be made in advance: by 3 pm the Thursday prior. Click here to check facility availability or call (972) 569-1064 for more information.
- Residents: $30.00 per hour without lights for teams comprised of 80% Prosper residents.
- Non-resident$45.00 per hour without lights for Non-resident teams
- $15.00 per hour for lights
- Rental fee must be paid in full at the time the reservation is made.
- Acceptable forms of payment: Check, Visa, Master Card
- Reserve today by calling 972-569-1064
- Renters are responsible to check the rainout hotline at 3pm prior to your rental 972-662-8999.
Hike and Bike Trails
The Town of Prosper has over 22 miles of hike and bike trail throughout Prosper. The 2015 Town of Prosper Master Plan expressed the desire to create trail corridors along the Town’s creeks, drainage corridors, utility corridors and right-of-ways that traverse the Town and create connections to parks, neighborhoods and businesses. View our most current Hike and Bike Trail Plan.
The Town of Prosper has a park near you! Find details here:
- Boyer Park – The pocket park is a passive park with two lanai structures, benches, a drinking fountain, children’s handprint tiles, and a small lighted fountain for children.
- Cedar Park Grove – This neighborhood park includes a looped hike and bike trail, nature area, parking, and irrigated open space area.
- Eagles Landing Park – This neighborhood park includes a lighted baseball field, a softball field, a t-ball field, a backstop, a lighted multi-purpose field, portable restrooms, a basketball court, and walking trail.
- Fire Station Park – This pocket park includes parking, hike and bike trails and an open space field.
- Folsom Park – This neighborhood park includes a lighted soccer field, backstops, a walking trail, playground, parking and a pond.
- Frontier Park – This community park includes a sports complex which is made up of lighted soccer fields, three lighted baseball fields, two lighted softball fields, three backstops, four lighted batting cages and two restroom/concession structures. The Park also includes an additional restroom, a walking trail, a pond (catch and release only), hike and bike trail, a community-built Playground (Windmill Playground), a pavilion structure, and a splash pad. The splash pad is open from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend each year.
- Hays Park – This pocket park has non-irrigated open space.
- Pecan Grove Park – This neighborhood park includes a pond, a playground, a creek, picnic tables, park benches, open playing fields, and trails for hiking and biking.
- Preston Lakes Park – This neighborhood park includes open space and a looped hike and bike trail.
- Reynolds Tennis Courts – This facility has four lighted tennis courts.
- Rogers Tennis Courts – This facility has two lighted tennis courts.
- Sexton Park
- Town Lake Park (Greenspoint) – This entrance to Town Lake Park includes access to the 27-acre stocked lake, fishing dock, hike and bike trails, and picnic areas.
- Town Lake Park (Whispering Farms) – This entrance to Town Lake Park includes access to the 27 acre stocked lake (catch and release only), parking, a gazebo, and a fishing dock.
- Whitley Place Park – This neighborhood park offers fishing, parking, a pavilion, and hike and bike trails.