Prosper’s unique and impressive array of parks encompass more than 350 acres of open spaces, recreational venues and facilities for sports and fitness. Prosper’s natural beauty is enhanced by areas and trails that provide serene settings for recreation and relaxation for all to enjoy.
View our most current Hike and Bike Trail Plan.
View the complete list of Prosper’s park amenities.
Frontier Park Information
Construction began February 1, 2017, on the field improvements at Frontier Park. Construction will continue throughout 2017, with the finished project adding five additional sports fields, as well as parking, to the facility. Thank you for your patience during the construction process.
The Frontier Park pavilion is available for rental!
Click here for rental rates and details.
Click here to begin the online rental process.
The Splash Pad near Windmill Park is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Hike and Bike Trails
There are more than 22 miles of hike and bike trail throughout the Town of Prosper. The 2015 Town of Prosper Master Plan expressed the desire to create trail corridors along the Town’s creeks, drainage corridors, utility corridors and right-of-ways that traverse the Town and create connections to parks, neighborhoods and businesses.
The Town of Prosper has a park near you! Find details here:
- Boyer Park – The pocket park is a passive park with two lanai structures, benches, a drinking fountain, children’s handprint tiles, and a small lighted fountain for children.
- Cedar Park Grove – This neighborhood park includes a looped hike and bike trail, nature area, parking, and irrigated open space area.
- Eagles Landing Park – This neighborhood park includes a lighted baseball field, a softball field, a t-ball field, a backstop, a lighted multi-purpose field, portable restrooms, a basketball court, and walking trail.
- Fire Station Park – This pocket park includes parking, hike and bike trails and an open space field.
- Folsom Park – This neighborhood park includes a lighted soccer field, backstops, a walking trail, playground, parking and a pond.
- Frontier Park – This community park includes a sports complex which is made up of lighted soccer fields, three lighted baseball fields, two lighted softball fields, three backstops, four lighted batting cages and two restroom/concession structures. The Park also includes an additional restroom, a walking trail, a pond (catch and release only), hike and bike trail, a community-built Playground (Windmill Playground), a pavilion structure, and a splash pad. The splash pad is open from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend each year.
- Hays Park – This pocket park has non-irrigated open space.
- Pecan Grove Park – This neighborhood park includes a pond, a playground, a creek, picnic tables, park benches, open playing fields, and trails for hiking and biking.
- Prairie Park – This neighborhood park has irrigated open space, a playground with western-themed play equipment and loop hike and bike trail.
- Preston Lakes Park – This neighborhood park includes open space, a looped hike and bike trail and a playground.
- Reynolds Tennis Courts – This facility has four lighted tennis courts.
- Rogers Tennis Courts – This facility has two lighted tennis courts.
- Sexton Park
- Town Lake Park (Greenspoint) – This entrance to Town Lake Park includes access to the 27-acre stocked lake, fishing dock, hike and bike trails, and picnic areas.
- Town Lake Park (Whispering Farms) – This entrance to Town Lake Park includes access to the 27 acre stocked lake (catch and release only), parking, a gazebo, and a fishing dock.
- Whitley Place Park – This neighborhood park offers fishing, parking, a pavilion, and hike and bike trails.
Athletic Field Rentals
Game field reservations must be made two (2) days in advance of use date. Reservations are available on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday only.
Practice fields may be reserved for up to 1-1/2 hours per rental. Reservations for a weekend day and time must be made in advance: by 3 pm the Thursday prior.
- Residents: $30 per hour without lights for teams comprised of 80% Prosper residents.
- Non-residents: $45 per hour without lights.
- $15 additional per hour for lights.
- Rental fee must be paid in full at the time the reservation is made.
- Acceptable forms of payment: Check, Visa, Master Card.
- Renters are responsible for checking the rainout hotline — 972-662-8999 — for field closings. The hotline is updated daily at 3pm.
For more information, please visit www.ProsperParksandRec.org or call (972) 569-1064.