Please note that the Town has contracted with a 3rd party plans examiner and inspection company to complete commercial plan review and inspections on certain projects. Prior to submitting plans to the Building Inspections Division for review, applicants must have an approved site plan, façade plan and addressed plat from the Planning Division.
Click here to view the building permit fee schedule.
The Town of Prosper adopted the 2015 editions of the International Building Codes and the 2017 National Electrical Code with an effective date of January 1, 2019 as follows:
• 2015 Edition of the International Building Code – Article 3.04
• 2015 Edition of the International Residential Code – Article 3.05
• 2015 Edition of the International Plumbing Code – Article 3.07
• 2015 Edition of the International Energy Conservation Code – Article 3.08
• 2015 Edition of the International Mechanical Code – Article 3.09
• 2015 Edition of the International Fuel Gas Code – Article 3.10
• 2015 Edition of the International Existing Building Code – Article 3.20
• 2015 Edition of the International Fire Code – Article 5.03
• 2017 Edition of the National Electrical Code – Article 3.06
Construction/maintenance work hours.
(A) Operating or permitting to be operated any equipment used in construction, maintenance, repair, alteration or demolition work on buildings, structures, streets, alleys, lawns, golf courses or appurtenances thereto and/or the erection, including excavation, demolition, alteration or repair of any building within a residential district or quiet zone, or within five hundred feet (500′) of any residence or quiet zone, in such a manner as to cause a noise disturbance. Furthermore, any such activity shall create a noise disturbance per se if conducted between the hours of:
(i) 7:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m., Monday through Friday;
(ii) 7:00 p.m. Friday night through 8:00 a.m. Saturday morning;
(iii) 5:00 p.m. Saturday afternoon through 12:00 p.m. Sunday afternoon; and
(iv) 7:00 p.m. Sunday afternoon through 7:00 a.m. Monday morning.
Dealing with storm damage? Read: “Tips for Hiring a Roofing Contractor“.
All Roofing Contractors must register with the Town and obtain a building permit on all re-roofs. Once the work is complete, you will be required to schedule a final inspection through eTRAKiT.