The Planning Division is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the Town’s Comprehensive Plan, by managing the Zoning and Development application process, upholding the standards of the Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances, and providing excellent customer service to the development community and the citizens of Prosper.
Notices & Announcements.
Please note: No Planning & Zoning Meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 1, 2020. The next meeting of the Prosper Planning & Zoning Commission will be held on Tuesday, December 15, 2020
Development Schedule – On Monday, December 7th, between 8 am and Noon, Planning will accept digital Zoning and Development Applications, as outlined below.
- Submit all required documentation digitally, via file hosting service (i.e. Dropbox);
- Send documentation to Planning staff, including EMendez@prospertx.gov, AGlushko@prospertx.gov, SIngalls@prospertx.gov, and PClark@prospertx.gov;
- Title the subject line 12/07/2020 Development Applications;
- Staff will verify all necessary documentation has been transmitted and is administratively complete;
- Once verified, the applicant will receive a response email from Planning with the assigned case number(s); and
- The response email will include credit card payment instructions. (Please note there is a 4% surcharge.)
Please contact Evelyn Mendez with questions regarding this information or to make arrangements for digital submissions.
2019 Development Summary – The 2019 Development Summary provides an overview of information related to Development in Prosper such as Population, Number of Inspections, Average Household Income and Total Number of New Businesses.
2020 Zoning and Development Schedule – The 2020 Zoning and Development Schedule outlines key dates in the development process, including application, comment, sign, meeting, and approval dates.
Monthly Development Report – The Development Services Department produces a Monthly Development Report highlighting the key activities in the Planning, Building Inspection, and Code Compliance Divisions. Information includes permits issued to date, certificate of occupancies issued, zoning and development applications, and non-residential development activity.
The Planning Division does not accept Zoning and Development applications via courier. Applications must be delivered in person by the applicant on the designated application day by noon, as outlined in the Development Manual. For questions, please call (972) 346-3502.
John Webb, AICP
Director of Development Services
Alex Glushko, AICP
Scott Ingalls, AICP
250 W. First Street
Prosper, Texas 75078
P.O. Box 307
Prosper, TX 75078