TxDOT will hold a Public Meeting for the proposed improvement to US 380 from Coit Road to FM 1827. Comments must be provided during the public comment period from 5:30 p.m. March 22 through 11:59 p.m. on April 6. Watch the video to see the locations that would be affected. Below is a summary of the issues, which residents may use in submitting their own comments if you choose.
- The Town of Prosper has passed six Town Council approved Resolutions strongly opposing any proposed alignment for the widening of US 380 not located along the existing US 380 corridor;
- Segment B of the proposed Gold/Brown alignment poses a significant, negative impact to both existing and future residential and commercial developments planned within the Town. The alignment would directly impact over 360 future homes and thousands of residents and indirectly impact many more;
- Segment B will increase ground-level ozone impacting at least two environmentally sensitive facilities (ManeGait and Founders Academy) resulting in a conflict with Air Quality guidelines publicized by the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG);
- Segment B runs directly through a quickly developing section of the Town of Prosper causing significant environmental impacts on the human and natural environment by adding a new and unplanned interstate through Prosper versus using the existing alignment within Town limits;
- Segment B has a detrimental effect on ManeGait Therapeutic Horsemanship; a unique nonprofit facility providing equine therapy to hundreds of adults and children with disabilities;
- Segment B is in close proximity to existing and future schools including high schools impacting thousands of students.
In-person Meeting Tuesday,
March 22, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. Collin
College Central Park Campus
2400 Community Avenue
McKinney, TX 75071
Tuesday, Mach 22 at 5:30 p.m. through Wednesday, April 6 at 11:59 p.m.
For more information, contact Rebecca Zook, Executive Director of Development and Infrastructure Services at firstname.lastname@example.org