As of June 1, 2020, the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) began handling all COVID-19 and contact tracing activities for Collin County. Most of the data presented on the Collin County Dashboard comes directly from DSHS’ Texas Health Trace system – not Collin County’s public health department:
Collin County Dashboard
Denton County will continue to post information on their website located here:
Denton County Dashboard
The Town of Prosper is working to assist local families and businesses through the We Prosper Together campaign. Click the link to find out how you can help.
Residents are encouraged to stay home, continue social distancing and other preventive measures that can have a significant impact on slowing the spread of COVID-19. Visit the CDC website for recommendations: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
For a list of the Town’s current closures and program cancellations, and for more information and resources about COVID-19, please visit prospertx.gov/coronavirus
Prosper Emergency Management personnel are in constant contact with Collin County Health Care Services, Denton County Public Health, the Texas Department of State Health Services, as well as the CDC in order to monitor the daily local and regional impact, and will immediately share any new information with the Town of Prosper, its residents, and the Prosper Independent School District. Questions may be directed to Prosper Fire Rescue Division Chief Bill Bonny at (972) 347-2424 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The public is encouraged to practice preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
– Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
– Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
– Stay home when you are sick.
– Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
– Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.