Is the Prosper Fire Department hiring?
How can I add or remove the voluntary $1 monthly donation to the Fire or Police fund from my Utility Bill?
Please contact Utility Billing by phone at (972) 569-1180.
Does the Prosper Fire Department offer CPR classes for residents?
Prosper Fire Rescue is not currently offering classes, however, this is a service the department hopes to provide to the public in the near future.
How do I find help installing a child’s car safety seat?
Can I get my blood pressure checked at the fire station?
Yes, we offer this service free for the community we serve. You can get your blood pressure checked at either of our Prosper Fire Department locations:
Central Fire Station – 1500 E First St.
Fire Station 2 – 1140 S. Teel Pkwy.
What type of fire extinguisher should I have in my home?
A multi-purpose fire extinguisher is best for residential use. Look for the rating to be at least 2A:10B:C on the label. This type of extinguisher can be used on any type of fire and is often referred to as an “A-B-C” extinguisher.
How do I obtain a copy of a fire incident report?
The Town of Prosper is committed to open and responsive government in accordance with the Texas Public Information Act. All requests for public information must be made in writing. Please click here to submit a request online.
You may also submit your request in person at Prosper Town Hall, 200 S. Main St. Prosper, Texas 75078 or via email.
How do I obtain a EMS incident report?
You may obtain a copy of an EMS incident in which you were involved in by contacting the Chief Bill Bonny at (972) 347-2424 or in writing to: Prosper Fire Department, P.O. Box 307 Prosper, Texas 75078. Please include your name, address, telephone number, date and time of the incident, nature of the incident, and incident location in your request. You must be either the actual patient or have the patient’s written consent. In both cases you or your agent must personally pick up the EMS report and present proper identification before the report can be released.
Do you host birthday parties, offer station tours, or take the fire engine to schools?
We are unable to host birthday parties at the fire station due to the chance of an emergency call. Station tours are encouraged, and can be arranged by calling the station at (972) 347-2424. We can also visit your location with the fire engine and or ambulance. We also visit schools when requested. If you would like us to visit your child’s class have the teacher, principal, or other school district representative contact the department to make arrangements.
Who do I talk to about my ambulance bill?
The Prosper Fire Department utilizes a 3rd Party billing service, Emergicon Emergency Medical Consultants for all ambulance billing. They can be reached Toll Free at (877) 602-2060. You can also visit their website at Emergicon.
How do I dispose of my unused medications or needles?
How do I sign up for Smart911? How do I turn off alerts?
- Go to Smart911.com and click “sign up today.” You will then be prompted to enter your information.
- To receive weather alerts, go to the alerts tab located on the right side of the webpage and click “opt-in now.”
- Enter your notification preferences (email-phone-text) and select how your preference.
- To opt-out and remove weather alerts, log into your Smart911 account, select “edit alerts” located at the top right of the page. Select and remove the check on “notification preferences.”
- To remove your Smart911 account, click on “account settings” in the toolbar at the top of the page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select “remove account.”
- You can also sign up and remove alerts or accounts on the Smart911 App. The settings tab located at the bottom of the Smart 911 App allows you to complete all edits.
- For additional assistance, please call Kent Bauer, Town of Prosper Emergency Management Coordinator at (469) 207-4731 or via email.