Prosper Fire Rescue Hiring Information & Application Steps
**Prosper Fire Rescue has two immediate openings and will be establishing a list of 15 additional candidates in anticipation of a new fire station opening in 2023 (estimated start date of October 2022).
The selection and hiring process for Prosper Fire Rescue will involve the following steps:
- Application: The pre-qualifiers to apply are listed on our website.
- Written Test: Will be scored. If you pass, you will move on to the next step.
- Physical Ability: Will be scored. If you pass, the top candidates will be called for an interview with a panel.
- Oral Interview: After all interviews are scored, the top candidates will be asked to proceed to the next step(s).
- Background Check
- Drug Screen
- Doctor Physical
- Interview with Fire Chief: Final interview with Chief and an offer letter will be given, depending on background check, drug screen and physical.
Lateral Pay Information
A lateral firefighter is eligible for a starting salary based on his or her whole years of firefighter experience. Service time for determining the starting salary can include multiple agencies if breaks in service are less than 90 days from the date of hire.
Candidate must possess, at the time of application, the following valid certifications:
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection Firefighter certification; and
- TXDSHS EMT-B or Paramedic Certification
- Candidate must possess, at the time of application, a minimum of 1-year continuous full-time employment of TCFP Firefighter Certification, or equivalent.
- If a break in service exceeds 90 days, a review will be required.
Prosper Police Officer Hiring Information & Application Steps
The selection and hiring process for a police officer will involve the following steps:
- Submit a fully COMPLETED initial application (resume will not be accepted in-lieu of).
- Pass the department-administered entrance exam.
- Completion of the department’s personal history statement packet (including the submission of any required or requested documents).
- Completion of an extensive background investigation.
- Complete a departmental oral review board.
- Complete a police chief interview.
- Complete a psychological assessment from a department-designated psychologist.
- Complete the department’s physical agility test/worksteps
- Complete a Town designated medical exam and/or subsequent required testing to assure fitness for duty
- Successfully pass a Town designated drug screen
Only qualified applicants will move to the next step after successful completion of the previous step.
The entire process may take approximately 3-6 months
- Submit a completed application at our Employment Opportunities page. (Please answer all questions. A resume in lieu of application will not be accepted and may deem the application as incomplete.)
- Be at least 21 years of age at the time of application.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- 2 years or more of law enforcement experience is preferred.
- Current TCOLE peace officer license is preferred.
To be considered for a position as a police officer applicant, you must:
- Pass a written examination
- Pass a comprehensive background investigation
- Be a United States citizen
- Be able to perform the essential duties of a police officer.
- Meet all legal requirements necessary for licensing and certification as required by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
- Must be able to work any and all shifts, as needed, including nights, weekends, and holidays, to meet the needs of the Department, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- *All applicants must be in possession of a valid driver’s license.
- An incomplete, falsified or omissions found on initial application.
- An incomplete, falsified or omissions found in the personal history statement/packet.
- Conviction or admission of any felony.
- Conviction of any Class A or B misdemeanor in the past 10 years.
- Conviction or admission of any illegal drug use within the past 5 years, or use of marijuana within the past 2 years.
- Conviction of family violence within the past 10 years.
- Dishonorable or other than honorable discharge from the military. (Misconduct-related discharges will not be accepted.)
- Being prohibited by State or Federal law from operation of a motor vehicle.
- Having ever used substances to include, but not limited to: LSD, PCP, Cocaine, Methamphetamine, or any other similar type of substances.
- Having ever been convicted of the misdemeanor offense of indecent exposure or delivery of any amount of marijuana with or without remuneration.
- Having been convicted of 4 or more hazardous traffic violations within 12 months preceding date of application.
- Having been convicted of 7 or more hazardous traffic violations within 24 months preceding date of application.
Lateral Pay Scale
Lateral entry available up to step #5 – DOQ
Step 1: $67,148
Step 2: $69,162
Step 3: $71,237
Step 4: $73,374
Step 5: $75,575