Minor Alcohol/Tobacco Violations (ages 17 to 20)
If you have been charged with a violation related to alcohol or tobacco and are 17 – 20 years of age, you will be required to appear before the Municipal Court Judge.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must appear with a parent or legal guardian. A hearing notice will be sent by mail from the court notifying the defendant and parent of the court date and time they are to appear before the Judge with the minor child.
- If you are 19 – 20 years of age, you may appear without a parent or legal guardian. A hearing notice will be sent by mail from the court notifying the defendant of the court date and time they are to appear before the Judge.
- Extensions must be requested in writing by the defendant and parent and/or legal guardian prior to the court date. If juvenile defendant has a driver’s license, a copy must be included along with the license of the parent/guardian. If juvenile does not have a license or any other identification (including a school ID) please indicate that information in your request.
OTHER GENERAL INFORMATION
If eligible, defendants who enter a plea of no contest or guilty may be considered for the following dismissal options:
- Driver Safety Course-see driver safety course section for eligibility requirements.
- Deferred Disposition-see deferred disposition section for eligibility requirements.
- Compliance Dismissal-see dismissal section for eligible dismissals.