Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Recycle waste cooking oil or throw it in the trash.
- “Dry Wipe” all pots, pans, plates and utensils prior to washing in the sink or dishwasher. Disposing as much food, fat, oil and grease particles as possible into the trash bin.
- Use strainers in sink drains to catch food scraps and other solids, and empty strainer contents into the trash.
Federal, State and Local Impacts
Local impacts include:
- Clogged or restricted sewer services which cause
backups in the facility.
- Increase in maintenance costs for the home or business.
- Clogged or restricted wastewater main lines which cause
backups in the facility or out of manholes resulting in Sanity Sewer
- Violation of State and Federal regulations.
- Increase in maintenance costs for Town to clean or vacuum the wastewater main lines.