The Town Secretary provides support to the Town Council, the Town Manager, and Town Staff.
The office of the Town Secretary provides support, facilitates and strengthens the Town Council governmental process by assisting the Council in fulfilling their duties. The Town Secretary enhances public access to municipal records and oversees a fair election process.
The duties of the Town Secretary include managing the preservation of the official records of the Town of Prosper in accordance with the Texas State Library and Archives Commission. These types of records include, but are not limited to: minutes, ordinances, resolutions, agendas, contracts and election records.
Records Management Officer
As the Records Management Officer, the Town Secretary is responsible for providing documents requested under the Public Information Act.
Other areas of responsibility include:
- Preparation of Council Packets and Agendas
- Preparation of Town Council Minutes
- Maintain the Town’s Code of Ordinances
- Maintain the Town’s Records Management Program
- Coordinate the appointment process for Town Boards, Commissions and Committees
- Conduct Oaths of Office
- Maintain the Town Seal
- Review, certify and execute Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) applications
- Prepare Proclamations
- Oversee the Blue Star Flag and Hometown Heroes Programs
Administrator – The Town Secretary also serves as the Election Administrator for municipal elections, and as such, coordinates and administers each regular and special municipal election.
250 W. First Street
Prosper, Texas 75078
P. O. Box 307
Prosper, TX 75078