Alcohol Permits

The Town Secretary’s office processes applications and permits to allow alcohol sales within the Town of Prosper, ensuring compliance with all local ordinances and regulations. Beer and wine sales for off and on-premises consumption, as well as sales of mixed beverages for restaurants are allowed by permit and zoning. However, Late Hour permits are not accepted or permissible by the Town.

Alcohol Permit Processing

Any person wishing to manufacture, distill, brew, import, transport, store for purposes of sale, distribute or sell any beer, wine or mixed beverages must obtain obtained a town permit from the office of the Town Secretary.

            Town Ordinances

New Alcohol Permit Process

  • Complete and submit a Town of Prosper Alcohol Beverage Permit Application and Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission (TABC) Pre-Qualification Packet to the Town Secretary’s Office.
  • The Town Secretary’s office will certify the Town portion and return the Pre-Qualification Packet to the applicant. The applicant is responsible for completion of any remaining requirements and submitting the packet to the TABC.
  • The TABC will issue a permit to the applicant.
  • The applicant must submit a copy of the TABC permit to the Town Secretary’s Office.
  • Once the applicant returns all required documents to the Town Secretary’s Office and the town permit will be issued with the Certificate of Occupancy issued by the Town’s Building Permit Department.
  • Required Fees are listed on the Town’s application.  Payments may be made by check payable to the Town of Prosper.  

Renewal/Change of Ownership of Alcohol Permits Process

Local Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) Licensing Division
Arlington Regional Office
2225 E. Randol Mill Rd., Suite 200
Arlington, TX 76011

Phone: 817-652-5912
Open: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday