Let Water Prosper
The Town of Prosper aspires to educate our residents on the importance of preserving water. Less than 1% of the earth’s fresh water is available for us to use, so we have an obligation to preserve our water for the future. Occasionally, we offer courses that range from rainwater harvesting and making rain barrels to teaching water conservation techniques.
There are no courses scheduled at this time. For questions or suggestions on a course you would like offered, please contact Tristan Cisco.
Tour our award winning Earth-Kind Gardens. Contact Tristan Cisco for additional details.
Current Watering Guidelines
Click HERE to see designated watering days.
Beginning on November 1, 2018 and ending on March 31, 2019, water users may water once weekly, if needed. The Town of Prosper encourages residents to water only when recommended by WaterMyYard.org.
Residents may register at WaterMyYard to receive weekly emails on how much and when to water.
Goals for Use and Reduction
- Zone I: Monday
- Zone II: Wednesday
- Zone III: Friday
- Water New Landscape: Exception Allowed for New Landscape for the First 30 Days of Occupancy
- Cool Season Grasses: Cool Season Grasses that Intensify Cool Season Water Requirements are Prohibited. Cool Season Grasses Include: Rye, Kentucky Blue Grass, Turf-type Grass, Tall Fescues, Fine Fescues.
- To request a variance for newly planted sod or landscaping, please contact Tristan Cisco at 972.347.9969 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learn more about water conservation with the 40 Gallon Challenge.
- Town of Prosper Water Conservation and Resource Management Plan
Tristan Cisco, Water Education Coordinator