This proposition requests funding for the purpose of constructing, improving, extending, expanding, upgrading and developing streets and roads, bridges and intersections in the Town and related drainage improvements, utility relocations, landscaping, curbs and sidewalks, traffic safety and operational improvements, entryway signage and other street and road signage and land for such purposes. Three projects are planned to be completed from other obligations of the Town and are specifically excluded from the bond authorization. These three excluded projects are Frontier Parkway from the Dallas North Tollway to Preston Road, the Dallas North Tollway Overpass At Highway 380 and Fishtrap Road from Teel Parkway to Stuber Elementary School because those projects are being jointly funded by the Town and other governmental partners through interlocal agreements.
Click on the projects listed below to see a detailed description and map.
- First Street – 4-lane divided roadway from Coit Road to Custer Road.
- Fishtrap Road – 4-lane divided roadway from Stuber Elementary School to the Dallas North Tollway.
- Fishtrap Road – 2 lanes on north side from Teel Parkway to Gee Road to expand to 4 lanes.
- Gee Road – 2 lanes on east side from Fishtrap Road to the Windsong Retail tract to expand to 4 lanes.
- Craig Street – 2 and 3 lanes of roadway from Preston Road to Fifth Street.
- First Street – 4-lane divided roadway from Dallas North Tollway to Coleman Road.
- Coit Road – 4-lane divided roadway from First Street to Frontier Parkway.
- Legacy Drive– 4-lane divided roadway from Prairie Drive to Fishtrap Road.
- Parvin Road – Joint project with the City of Celina for a 4 lane roadway from FM 1385 to Legacy Drive.
- Teel Parkway – 2 lanes on east side of roadway from US 380 to Fishtrap Road to expand to 4 lanes.
- Prosper Trail – 2 lanes on north side of roadway from Coit Road to Custer Road to expand to 4 lanes.
- Coleman Road – 4-lane divided roadway from Gorgeous to Prosper Trail.
- Coleman Road – 2 lanes on west side of roadway from Prosper Trail to Prosper High School to expand to 4 lanes.
- Legacy Drive – 2 lanes on west side of roadway from Fishtrap Road to Prosper Trail to expand to 4 lanes.
Voters will cast a ballot FOR or AGAINST:
THE ISSUANCE OF $150,000,000 TAX BONDS BY THE TOWN OF PROSPER, TEXAS FOR CONSTRUCTING, IMPROVING, EXTENDING, EXPANDING, UPGRADING AND DEVELOPING STREETS AND ROADS, BRIDGES AND INTERSECTIONS IN THE TOWN AND RELATED DRAINAGE IMPROVEMENTS, UTILITY RELOCATIONS, LANDSCAPING, CURBS AND SIDEWALKS, TRAFFIC SAFETY AND OPERATIONAL IMPROVEMENTS, ENTRYWAY SIGNAGE AND OTHER STREET AND ROAD SIGNAGE AND COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH SUCH PROJECTS, AND INTERESTS IN LAND AS MAY BE NECESSARY FOR SUCH PURPOSES; PROVIDED THAT THE FOLLOWING PROJECTS ARE PLANNED TO BE COMPLETED THROUGH FUNDING FROM OTHER OBLIGATIONS OF THE TOWN AND THEREFORE NO PROCEEDS OF THE BONDS MAY BE USED FOR IMPROVEMENTS TO FRONTIER PARKWAY FROM THE DALLAS NORTH TOLLWAY TO PRESTON ROAD, THE DALLAS NORTH TOLLWAY OVERPASS AT HIGHWAY 380 AND FISHTRAP ROAD FROM TEEL PARKWAY TO STUBER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. TAXES SUFFICIENT TO PAY THE PRINCIPAL OF AND INTEREST ON THE BONDS WILL BE IMPOSED.