**This is for NEW memberships. Membership renewals do not require a new application.**
Thank you for your interest in obtaining a library card from the Prosper Community Library.
We offer two (2) categories of membership to obtain library cards; free and paid membership qualifications are solely based on the applicant’s assessment of the CPR/C48 (Prosper Town) tax.
- PAID memberships:
- Not all Prosper mailing addresses qualify for a free membership. Applicants who do not pay the CPR/C48 (Prosper Town) tax or Town of Prosper utility bill must pay $50 per library card holder annually
- Applicants who reside in (but not limited to) these [Prosper Address] neighborhoods qualify for a paid membership*:
- Avilla DNT/Avilla Celina
- Creeks of Legacy
- Creeks of Legacy West
- Light Farms
- Maydelle at Light Farms
- Meza Addition
- Mustang Lakes
- Oxford Farms
- Preston Hills
- Preston Meadow
- Smiley Acres
- Sutton Fields
- The Sandlot
- Twelve Oaks
- Water Tower at Light Farms
- Wilson Creek Estates
- Prosper ISD zoning has no bearing on membership category.
- Employment by Prosper ISD has no bearing on membership category.
- In-person membership renewal and payment are required annually.
- Permanent as well as Limited Memberships are available to those who can document* that they live in a household that receives/pays a Town of Prosper utility bill and the CPR/C48 (Prosper Town) tax.
- In-person renewal is required bi-annually (every 2 years).
*You may click here to determine the membership category for which you qualify and the required documentation needed to verify residency.
With your library card, you can:
- Check-out books, audiobooks, and movies
- Download eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Attend library programs
- Utilize study and collaborations spaces
- Access research databases and online learning resources
- Use Interlibrary Loan services
Applying for and receiving a library card is a 2-part process:
- Online/Digital application submission (submitted remotely or at the library), and
- In-person registration completion at the library within 30 days of submitting the online application.
Online applications are for adult memberships only. Juveniles/children may be added at the time of registration completion at the library.
If you have further questions, please contact the library:
To begin the application, please read the following statement and agree to the terms.
I have read the requirements, understand the category under which I am applying, and will be prepared with the appropriate documentation and payment (if applicable) to complete my registration in-person.