**This is for NEW memberships. Membership renewals do not require a new application.**
Thank you for your interest in obtaining a library card from the Prosper Community Library.
With your library card, you can:
- Checkout books, audiobooks, and movies
- Download eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Attend library programs
- Use public computers and access Wi-Fi
- Utilize study and collaborations spaces
- Access research databases and online learning resources
- Use Interlibrary Loan services
Applying for and receiving a library card is a 2-part process:
- Online/Digital application submission (submitted remotely or at the library), and
- In-person registration completion at the library within 30 days of submitting the online application.
Online applications are for adult memberships only. Juveniles/children may be added at the time of registration completion at the library.
We offer two (2) categories of membership to obtain library cards:
- FREE permanent as well as limited memberships are available to those who can document* that they live in a household that receives/pays a Town of Prosper utility bill and the CPR/C48 (Prosper Town) tax.
- In-person renewal is required bi-annually (every 2 years).
- PAID memberships apply to those who do not pay a Town of Prosper utility bill or the CPR/C48 (Prosper Town) tax. The cost is $50 per library card holder annually.
- In-person membership renewal and payment is required annually.
*Please click here to view the required documentation needed to verify residency.
I have read the requirements, understand the category under which I am applying, and will be prepared with the appropriate documentation and payment (if applicable) to complete my registration in-person.