Neighborhood Parks, Trails and Facilities
Prosper’s unique and impressive array of parks encompass more than 350 acres of open spaces, recreational venues and facilities for sports and fitness. Prosper’s natural beauty is enhanced by areas and trails that provide serene settings for recreation and relaxation for all to enjoy.
There are more than 22 miles of hike and bike trail throughout the Town of Prosper. The 2015 Town of Prosper Master Plan expressed resident desire to create trail corridors along the Town’s creeks, drainage corridors, utility corridors and right-of-ways that traverse the Town and create connections to parks, neighborhoods and businesses.
- Boyer Park – Passive pocket park with two lanai structures, benches, a drinking fountain, children’s handprint tiles, and a small lighted fountain for children.
- Cedar Grove Park – Neighborhood park features a looped hike and bike trail, nature area, parking, and irrigated open space area.
- Eagles Landing Park – Neighborhood park with lighted baseball field, softball field, t-ball field, backstop, lighted multi-purpose field, portable restrooms, basketball court and walking trail.
- Folsom Park – Neighborhood park with a lighted soccer field, backstops, a walking trail, playground, parking and a pond.
- Frontier Park – Community park featuring a sports complex with lighted soccer fields, two lighted artificial turf multipurpose fields, three lighted artificial turf softball/baseball fields, three lighted baseball fields, two lighted softball fields, three backstops, four lighted batting cages and three restroom/concession structures.” The park also includes an additional restroom, a walking trail, a pond (catch and release only), hike and bike trail, a community-built playground (Windmill Playground), a pavilion structure, and splash pad, which is open from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend each year.
- Hays Park – Pocket park with non-irrigated open space.
- Lakewood Preserve – Neighborhood park amenities include a 2-12 playground unit, swing sets, natural areas, and a 10′ hike and bike trail. The playground has been selected as a a Playcore National Demonstration Site program for NatureGrounds. For more information, please visit the Playcore website.
- Pecan Grove Park – Neighborhood park features a pond, playground, creek, picnic tables, park benches, open playing fields and trails for hiking and biking.
- Prairie Park – Neighborhood park with irrigated open space, a playground with western-themed play equipment, two backstops, and loop hike and bike trail.
- Preston Lakes Park – Neighborhood park includes open space, a playground and a looped hike and bike trail.
- Reynolds Tennis Courts – Facility with four lighted tennis courts.
- Rogers Tennis Courts – Facility with two lighted tennis courts.
- Sexton Park
- Town Lake Park (Greenspoint) – This entrance to Town Lake Park provides access to the 27-acre stocked lake (catch and release, please) , fishing dock, hike and bike trails and picnic areas. Kayaking, canoeing and non-motorized boating are allowed.
- Town Lake Park (Whispering Farms) – This entrance to Town Lake Park provides access to the 27-acre stocked lake (catch and release, please), parking, gazebo and fishing dock. Kayaking, canoeing and non-motorized boating are allowed.
- Tucker Park – Pocket park with hike and bike trails, an open space field and parking.
- Whitley Place Park – Neighborhood park offers fishing, parking, pavilion, and hike and bike trails.
- Windsong Park – Neighborhood park features an irrigated open space, two backstops, a playground set (designed for ages 2-5 and 5-12), swing set and a looped hike and bike trail.
View the detailed list of park amenities.
View Prosper’s current Hike and Bike Trail Plan.
Frontier Park Information
Click here for pavilion rental rates and details.
Click here to begin the online pavilion rental process.
The Splash Pad near Windmill Park is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Athletic Fields Information
Game Field rental reservations must be made two (2) days in advance of use date. Reservations are available on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday only.
Practice fields may be reserved for up to 1-1/2 hours per rental. Reservations for a weekend day and time must be made in advance: by 3 pm the Thursday prior.
- Residents: $30 per hour without lights for teams comprised of 80% Prosper residents.
- Non-residents: $45 per hour without lights.
- $15 additional per hour for lights.
- Rental fee must be paid in full at the time the reservation is made.
- Acceptable forms of payment: Check, Visa, Master Card.
- Renters are responsible for checking the rainout hotline — 972-662-8999 — for field closings. The hotline is updated daily at 3pm.
For more information, please visit www.ProsperParksandRec.org or contact Julie Shivers, Recreation Services Coordinator, at email@example.com.