Neighborhood Parks, Trails and Facilities
Prosper playgrounds, parks and hike and bike trails are open! Parks and Recreation Reopening Updates.
Prosper’s unique and impressive array of parks encompass more than 350 acres of open spaces, recreational venues and facilities for sports and fitness. Prosper’s natural beauty is enhanced by areas and trails that provide serene settings for recreation and relaxation for all to enjoy.
There are more than 30 miles of hike and bike trail throughout the Town of Prosper. The Town of Prosper Master Plan expressed resident desire to create trail corridors along the Town’s creeks, drainage corridors, utility corridors and right-of-ways that traverse the Town and create connections to parks, neighborhoods and businesses.
- Boyer Park – Passive pocket park with two lanai structures, benches, a drinking fountain, children’s handprint tiles, and a small lighted fountain for children.
- Cedar Grove Park – Neighborhood park features a looped hike and bike trail, nature area, parking, and irrigated open space area.
- Eagles Landing Park – Neighborhood park with lighted baseball field, softball field, t-ball field, backstop, lighted multi-purpose field, portable restrooms, basketball court and walking trail.
- Folsom Park – Neighborhood park with a lighted soccer field, backstops, a walking trail, playground, parking and a pond.
- Frontier Park – Community park featuring a sports complex with lighted soccer fields, two lighted artificial turf multipurpose fields, three lighted artificial turf softball/baseball fields, three lighted baseball fields, two lighted softball fields, three backstops, four lighted batting cages and three restroom/concession structures.” The park also includes an additional restroom, a walking trail, a pond (catch and release only), hike and bike trail, a community-built playground (Windmill Playground), a pavilion structure, and splash pad, which is open from Memorial Day weekend through October 1 each year. Site Plan
- Hays Park – Pocket park with non-irrigated open space.
- Lakewood Preserve – Neighborhood park amenities include a 2-12 playground unit, swing sets, natural areas, and a 10′ hike and bike trail. The playground has been selected as a a Playcore National Demonstration Site program for NatureGrounds. For more information, please visit the Playcore website.
- Pecan Grove Park – Neighborhood park features a pond, playground, creek, picnic tables, park benches, open playing fields and trails for hiking and biking.
- Prairie Park – Neighborhood park with irrigated open space, a playground with western-themed play equipment, two backstops, and loop hike and bike trail.
- Preston Lakes Park – Neighborhood park includes open space, a playground and a looped hike and bike trail.
- Reynolds Tennis Courts – Facility with four lighted tennis courts.
- Sexton Park
- The Park at Star Trace (Star Trace Parkway) – New playground equipped with basketball court, backstops, picnic tables, pavilion and benches.
- Town Lake Park (Greenspoint) – This entrance to Town Lake Park provides access to the 27-acre stocked lake (catch and release, please) , fishing dock, hike and bike trails and picnic areas. Kayaking, canoeing and non-motorized boating are allowed.
- Town Lake Park (Whispering Farms) – This entrance to Town Lake Park provides access to the 27-acre stocked lake (catch and release, please), parking, gazebo and fishing dock. Kayaking, canoeing and non-motorized boating are allowed.
- Tucker Park – Pocket park with hike and bike trails, an open space field and parking.
- Whitley Place Park – Neighborhood park offers fishing, parking, pavilion, and hike and bike trails.
- Windsong Park – Neighborhood park features an irrigated open space, two backstops, a playground set (designed for ages 2-5 and 5-12), swing set and a looped hike and bike trail.
View the detailed list of park amenities.
View Prosper’s current Hike And Bike Trail Plan.
Frontier Park Information
Click here for pavilion rental rates and details.
Click here to begin the online pavilion rental process.
The Splash Pad near Windmill Playground at Frontier Park is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Athletic Fields Information
General field information:
Field conditions are updated at 3 p.m. daily. Please call the Field Rainout Hot Line at (972) 662-8999.
Game field reservations must be made two (2) days in advance of use date. Reservations may be made for Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Fields are closed for maintenance on Wednesdays and Sundays.
Practice field reservations for a weekend day and time must be made in advance: by 3 p.m. the Thursday prior. Practice fields rentals are for up to 1-1/2 hours per rental.
Field reservation details:
- $35 per hour for non-synthetic turf, and $70 per hour for synthetic turf, for teams registered with PYSC, PASO or, PBSA and the team is comprised of at least 80% Town residents.
- $45 per hour for non-synthetic turf fields, for teams that are not registered with PYSC, PASO, or PBSA. The synthetic turf fields are unavailable to rent for teams comprised less than 80% Town residents.
- The use of lights requires an additional $20 per hour.
- Rental fee must be paid in full at the time the reservation is made.
- Acceptable forms of payment: Check, Visa, MC
Please contact Trevor Helton at the Parks and Recreation Department at (972) 569-1064 for availability and reservations.
**Anyone utilizing a field without a reservation, or when the field is closed, will be required to leave the field. Please note that a violation of the Town’s Ordinance is subject to a $500.00 maximum fine.
|Field Type||Resident||Non-Resident||Additional Lighting Fee|
|Turf Fields, Per Hour||$35||$45||$20|
|Synthetic Fields, Per Hour||$70||N/A||$20|